TheFLR. The Florentine Literary Review is looking for a talented illustrator to add shade and shape to its second issue.
The bilingual literary magazine’s editorial board is putting the finishing touches to its selection of short story authors and poets who will delight the pages of the second edition of the publication, but we’re still missing a key component. The illustrator of TheFLR will be a central character, an author in his or her own right, whose pen or pencil will etch the diverse stories of the magazine according to his or her personal style and own take on the theme of Desire/Desiderio.
Issue One of The FLR launched in October 2017 thanks to a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo and was met with critical acclaim on Italy’s independent publishing and literary scene. Get your copy here.
How to apply
- Email a link to a portfolio of your illustration or by attaching pdfs or jpegs of at least five examples of your style. Your application will be deemed as acceptance of the terms and conditions of the project as stated below.
- Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the final stroke of midnight on February 28, 2017.
- Production of one cover illustration (which will establish the style of TheFLR magazine) + 8 illustrations (one for each poem and for each short story). At layout style our graphic designers may choose to use motifs from the illustrators to design other pages in the magazine.
- Deadline for all illustrations: April 1, 2017. (The editorial content will be sent to the illustrator in batches, beginning early March 2017)
- Fee 350 euro + VAT + 10 copies of TheFLR Issue Two
In collaboration with Forward.