From quality journalism to translations, The Florentine is much more than a magazine. We are scouting for a deputy editor who can bring stability, creativity and enthusiasm to our team. For this varied and hands-on role, you need to be a team player with a passion for contemporary publishing and content production. This exciting role includes compiling our monthly events listing and representing the magazine around Florence.
- Partner with the editor-in-chief and publisher to inform editorial strategy
- Native English speaker with excellent understanding of Italian
- Italian to English translation experience
- Journalistic or writing experience
- Excellent copy-editing and proof-reading skills
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to supervise interns and external contributors
- Social media management experience
- Editor-level knowledge of WordPress
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to manage clients in a professional manner
- Video journalism skills (being confident on-screen) a plus
Please send your CV and covering letter to Giacomo Badiani: email@example.com.
Closing date: 1st June, 2019
Applicants must possess the right to work in Italy. Only successful candidates will be contacted.