Student Services – Administrative Assistant
FIT in Florence is accepting resumes for the position of Student Services/Administrative Assistant. This is a full time position.
About the Fashion Institute of Technology and FIT in Florence
Internationally recognized, FIT – the Fashion Institute of Technology, is a college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York. FIT in Florence offers Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management students the possibility to study abroad in Florence, Italy for the academic year/semester.
Key tasks :
* Student life: Organizes and promotes initiatives to enhance student life while in Florence, orientation, non academic trips / site visits, local wellness events/ initiatives, community service and develops activities to further engage students in the local community;
* Communications with students, faculty and suppliers;
* Health and wellness: supports students’ health and wellness while abroad, meets with students as needed related to general wellness questions and in student emergencies; monitors the program’s emergency phone (on rotation); accompanies students to urgent medical visits or hospital emergencies (on rotation) as appropriate; assists students in communication with health insurance carriers as needed; refers students as appropriate to FIT in Florence’s network of mental and physical health practitioners;
* Assists in other program operations including but not limited to housing, scheduling, planning and/or attending academic events, trips , sites visits;
* Perform other related duties as assigned
Required skills/abilities :
Only applicants with legal documentation to work in Italy will be considered.
Equality and Non-Discrimination
FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please submit the following information in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date : Early summer 2022
Thank you for your interest!